Friday, October 8, 2010

Meus Hortus

Salve! Spartacurtus ibi est!
So I have gotten some questions about a comment I made in a recent blog posting about how I garden, and grow cilantro, rue, and other Roman herbs. Just as eating, and classical history are interests of mine, I also enjoy gardening, and my garden is actually Roman themed. Therefore, I thought I'd share some pictures of my garden. 
 Enjoy!

Some Roman artwork
An Obelisk

Some herbs- cilantro, mint, basil, chives, thyme, hyssop & rue.
Greek seals
Iris, Ghost peppers, and lavender
Mints, dusty miller, rue, and horseradish, with my rain catching system in the background.
My obelisk amongst the cacti
Apollo's bust
Another bust
Anyone know who this is?

1 comment:

  1. I actually have no idea who the guy in the relief sculpture is. I'm not 100% sure it's Roman. Check out the front of the guy's shirt. It could be from the Middle Ages.

    ReplyDelete